Simple, no-bake mummy granola bars. This snack is nut-free, making it perfect for a fun Halloween snack at school or a weekend project with kids (or grownups alike).
No-Bake Mummy Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (or coconut butter)
- 1 tablespoon milk, dark or unsweetened chocolate
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, except for the water and chocolate. Process until you get a fine crumb and the dates are chopped small.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Press the mixture to the bottom of a square or rectangular dish. Cut into 6 large or 8 smaller bars.
- Melt the white chocolate or coconut butter. You can use a double boiler or the microwave for an easy option. Melt 15 seconds at a time to avoid burning.
- Drizzle the chocolate or coconut butter on top of each bars. If you want a cleaner look, you can add the chocolate to a plastic sandwich bag with a small whole cut into a corner. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate or coconut butter on the bars. For a messier look, use a spoon to drizzle.
- Melt the dark or milk chocolate. Dip a toothpick into the chocolate and use it to make the eyes.
- Place the bars in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to let the chocolate harden. Enjoy straight from the fridge or freezer.