Simple, no-bake mummy granola bars. This snack is nut-free, making it perfect for a fun Halloween snack at school or a weekend project with kids (or grownups alike).
No-Bake Mummy Granola Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for No-Bake Mummy Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (or coconut butter)
- 1 tablespoon milk, dark or unsweetened chocolate
How to Prepare No-Bake Mummy Granola Bars [Vegan]
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, except for the water and chocolate. Process until you get a fine crumb and the dates are chopped small.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Press the mixture to the bottom of a square or rectangular dish. Cut into 6 large or 8 smaller bars.
- Melt the white chocolate or coconut butter. You can use a double boiler or the microwave for an easy option. Melt 15 seconds at a time to avoid burning.
- Drizzle the chocolate or coconut butter on top of each bars. If you want a cleaner look, you can add the chocolate to a plastic sandwich bag with a small whole cut into a corner. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate or coconut butter on the bars. For a messier look, use a spoon to drizzle.
- Melt the dark or milk chocolate. Dip a toothpick into the chocolate and use it to make the eyes.
- Place the bars in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to let the chocolate harden. Enjoy straight from the fridge or freezer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.