Satisfy your sweet tooth, with these No-Bake Dark Chocolate Nut Bars – sweetened with dates and loaded with cashews, nut butter, and hazelnuts.
No-Bake Dark Chocolate Nut Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Mejdool dates, pitted
- 15 Mejdool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, halved
- optional: 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa or more), melted
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- To make the base, place the dates and coconut oil in a food processor. Blend until they form a paste consistency. Add cashews and process until it forms a sticky mixture (about 30-45 seconds).
- Press the cashew mixture onto to the bottom of the lined loaf pan. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, process dates with peanut butter, and salt in a food processor until well combined. After 15 minutes, remove pan from freezer and evenly spread filling over base. Gently press hazelnut halves over filling. Place back in freezer for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove from loaf pan and cut into 9 bars.
- Melt dark chocolate in double boiler. Dip bars into the melted chocolate. Let the chocolate set about 10 minutes before placing the bars in refrigerator to completely set.
- Keep bars refrigerated until ready to serve. Store for up to 1 week in refrigerator.