Inspired by the popular Cherry Ripe candy bar, this homemade version is easy and delicious. Much healthier than store-bought bars, it is the perfect dessert or even holiday gift.
No-Bake Cherry Coconut Candy Bars [Vegan]
- 3 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 1/3 cups condensed coconut milk (can sub for traditional condensed milk)
- 2 cups chocolate chips of choice
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the shredded unsweetened coconut with the dried cherries and blend until a crumbly consistency remains.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add your granulated sweetener of choice and mix well. Add the coconut condensed milk and mix until a thick batter remains. If the batter is too gooey or wet, add a little extra coconut.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8-inch square pan or small loaf pan. Refrigerate or freeze until firm. Once firm, cut into 12 bars and refrigerate.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl or in a small pan on the stove over low heat, melt the chocolate chips.
- Remove the cherry coconut bars from the fridge. Using two forks, dip each bar in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Repeat until all the bars are covered.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has firmed up.
While these bars are stable at room temperature, they are best kept refrigerated.