Deliciously creamy cashew filling studded with blueberries is set on an almond crust in this raw cake recipe. Sweetened with dates and vanilla, this no-bake dessert is fruity without being overly sweet. After you make and enjoy this blueberry dessert, try the base out with your other favorite berries!
No-Bake Blueberry Vanilla Cake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds, soaked in filtered water for at least 8 hours and drained
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted and diced
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in filtered water for at least 6 hours and then drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup dates
- 2-3 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
For the Topping:
2 cups blueberries
- Pulse the almonds to fine crumbles and transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Pulse the dates to crumbles and add to the bowl, mix well.
- Line the spring-form with baking paper. Pour the almond-date-dough into the cake pan and press it even with your hands.
- Place in freezer while preparing the rest. For the filling, blend all ingredients but the blueberries to a fine cream. Take the cake pan out of the freezer and pour in the cashew cream.
- Then add the remaining 2 cups of blueberries.
- Place the cake in the freezer until set, approximately 4 hours. It’s best to take the ring off and to move the cake onto a plate while it is still semi-frozen. Slice and serve.