No-bake snacks and desserts just make life easier as there is no cooking involved – just melting, in this case! These blueberry chia jam bars are a good thing to have on hand in the freezer when cravings arise because they always do, right? With a touch of berry sweetness, a pop of chocolate and the comforting taste of oats – these bars make a nice, light breakfast or quick, sweet snack.
No-Bake Blueberry Chia Jam Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (or oat flour)
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes if not soft
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats (added at the end, for texture)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or any sticky sweetener)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- If you don't have oat flour, add 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats to your food processor and blend until ground into a flour-like consistency. Add in the soft Medjool dates, water, vanilla and salt. Blend until well combined. Add in the chia seeds and 1/4 cup oats. Pulse a few times until just combined.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer oat layer to loaf pan and press down into an even layer. Set aside.
- Rinse out food processor.
- Combine all ingredients for the chia jam layer in the food processor. Blend until well combined. Let the mixture stand about 10 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Pour over top the oat layer and spread out evenly with a spoon. This layer is very thin.
- After the chia jam mixture has been sitting for about 10 minutes to thicken up, pour over top the chocolate layer and spread out evenly.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Let defrost for about 10 minutes after removing it from the freezer and then cut into small squares.
- Leftovers should be kept in the freezer.