French yogurt cake is one of the first cakes kids in France learn to make! Adding vegan yogurt to this vanilla cake recipe makes the dessert wonderfully dense and tangy. Enjoy them plain or elevate them with a filling of your choosing.
Mini Yogurt Bundt Cakes [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric (for color)
- 1 cup vegan cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and turmeric.
- In another bowl, use your fingers to rub the lemon zest with the sugar until the zest is distributed. It is like you are trying to infuse the sugar with the zest. Next, add the yogurt, oil, and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures. Using a 1/3 cup measure, divide evenly between the mini bundt wells.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool to the touch and then turn out onto a cooling rack. Enjoy plain, topped with glaze, or filled with vanilla cashew cream and berries.