What better way to end your day than with some delicious raw peanut butter cup tarts? These scrumptious tarts start with a peanut butter base, followed by a nut butter filling topped off with a homemade raw chocolate, crushed peanuts,cacao nibs, and oats! Peanut butter and chocolate on their own is a yummy pairing, but with oats and nuts for texture and added protein, it makes an easy, delicious dessert.
Mini Raw Peanut Butter Cup Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 3/4 tablespoons peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Filling:
- Peanut butter
For the Topping:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa or cacao powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
To Make the Base:
- Line a cupcake tin with cases.
- In a food processor/blender, add in the oats and peanuts and pulse on high until crumb-like.This will take a few minutes.
- Add in peanut butter,vanilla extract, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup.Blend until combined.
- Place equal amount of the mixture into each cupcake case, pressing down until smooth and even.
- Pop a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each base then place the tray into the freezer whilst you make the chocolate topping.
To Make the Topping:
- In a food processor/blender, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa or cacao powder, and salt until silky smooth.
- Pour some chocolate into each case, then pop the tray into the freezer to set. This will take around an hour.
- Once firm, remove from the cases and serve.Leave at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.