This Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake is creamy, decadent, and the perfect dessert to share with your loved ones.
Mini No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Strawberry Chia Jam:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
For the Filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or for 30 minutes in boiling hot water)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (thick cream from a can of coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
For the Base:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dates (pits removed- roughly 12 dates)
- pinch of sea salt
For the Optional Toppings:
- 1/4 cup pistachios (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Soak the cashews for the filling overnight, or for 30 minutes in boiling, hot water.
- Prepare the Strawberry Chia Jam. Add the frozen strawberries and maple syrup to a saucepan and over medium-low temperature bring them to a simmer, until they are soft. Add them to a food processor and blend until smooth. Stream in the chia seeds. Add to a glass container and place in the fridge to set for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare the base. Add the almonds, pecans, dates (pits removed) and sea salt to a clean food processor and pulse/blend until the mixture sticks together finely. Note: make sure your dates are soft as they will be stickier then hard dates.
- Divide the base mixture evenly over three 4 1/2″ springform pans. Roughly 1/2 cup (plus a few tablespoons) per springform. Press the mixture down using your fingers. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the filling. Drain the water from the cashews, then add the cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Take the cheesecake base out of the freezer and the jam out of the fridge. How you incorporate the jam is up to you. I ended up adding a bit of the filing then 2 tablespoons of the jam (to each base) and using a spoon, swirl the jam throughout the coconut filling. Then add more filling and 2 more tablespoons of chia jam and do the same thing. Use roughly 1 cup of filling per springform.
- When you are happy with the appearance of the swirling, add the cheesecakes into the freezer for at least 6 hours to set. Option to top with pistachios and coconut.
- When ready to enjoy, leave the cheesecakes to sit out for 20 minutes to thaw so they are extra creamy!
- Store in the freezer, in a sealed container.