Full disclaimer -- these margarita cheesecakes are family friendly. Think of them as more "margarita inspired" than actually full of margarita. They're also vegan, gluten-free, raw and completely delicious. They'll be the hit of your next party, if they last long enough for the guests to arrive!
Mini Margarita Cheesecakes [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dates
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup date paste
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ½ cup room temp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- sliced fresh strawberries
- sliced limes
- Vanilla Coconut Cream Garnish (recipe HERE)
- Soak your cashews overnight making sure to fill bowl with plenty of water as cashews expand quite a bit. If you don’t have time, soak at least 2-3 hours. The longer you soak them, the smoother the consistency.
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor, blender or high speed blender and pulse until nuts and dates are chopped well.
- Drop 3 spoonfuls of mixture in each section of a muffin tin, making sure to place mixture on top of parchment strips if using. Press down until mixture is firm and creates a crust like bottom layer.
- Next, put all filling ingredients in a food processor, blender or high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you are not using a high speed blender, then you will have to blend for a while to get a smooth consistency but eventually you will. When I use my food processor it takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Put 3 spoonfuls of filling on top of crust layer in muffin tins. You may need to add more, depending on your tins. You want the filling layer to be about ¼ to ½ inch from the top of the tin.
- Freeze overnight for best results, or for at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before you are ready to serve, but not much longer or they may get too soft. Use tabs to pull up each cheesecake cup and place on a serving platter. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, limes, and/or Vanilla Coconut Cream Garnish. Enjoy!