Need an easy appetizer or quick lunch? These millet fritters will hit the spot! All you do is cook the millet, season according to your taste, and then fry until they're crispy and crunchy. They can be served as a side, on a salad, or even in a sandwich or a wrap.
Millet Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 2-3 tablespoons flour of choice (all purpose, chickpea, etc...)
- Parsley, chopped
- Coconut oil, for sautéeing
- Mix the millet into the boiling vegetable broth and simmer over low heat, covered, for 7 minutes. Leave to swell for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the flax egg and the flour and season as desired. The batter should stick together. With moistened hands, form your patties.
- Place a pan with the coconut oil and fry the loafs from both sides in a crispy golden brown.
- Serve with salad, tomato sauce, and parsley or serve in a sandwich.