A comfort food that truly warms your body and soul! This casserole is a simple, delicious, and hearty meal to eat on an autumn evening.
‘Meat’ and Potato Casserole [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1, 14 ounce can of roasted tomatoes
- 1 packet worth of gluten-free vegan beef replacer or textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs Of thyme
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut veggie beef into bite-size pieces. Layer on an oiled cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until they firm up.
- Heat oil in a medium cast-iron skillet. Add in onions, garlic, and thyme. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in veggie beef, fire-roasted tomatoes, and water. Stir, cover with foil paper and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully remove from oven. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Let sit for about 3-5 minutes.