This stunning cheesecake combines the refreshing flavors of green tea and mint with a hint of chocolate. If you are a green tea lover, you must make this recipe!
Matcha Green Tea and Mint Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Matcha Green Tea and Mint Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours to soften
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1/2 block raw mint chocolate
- Mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
How to Prepare Matcha Green Tea and Mint Cheesecake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Line the base of a springform cake pan with parchment paper.
- Blend crust ingredients and place in the cake pan. Press the crust down with your fingers until even and place in freezer.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend cashews, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut water, and sweetener. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in some of the filling in the cake pan and leave the rest for the green tea layer.
- With remaining cashew filling, add in spinach, mint, peppermint extract, and matcha powder, blend until combined, and pour into the cake pan with the crust.
- Place in the freezer and let it set for about four hours.
- Break up chocolate bar in a heatproof bowl, boil water in a saucepan and place bowl in water. Let the chocolate melt, and grab the bowl with a tea towel so you don't burn your hand. Add a sprinkle of matcha powder, mint, and pistachio nuts.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 4462 | Total Carbs: 390 g | Total Fat: 292 g | Total Protein: 79 g | Total Sodium: 684 g | Total Sugar: 225 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.