This Maple Tahini Couscous Salad is the perfect side dish to bring along to any event. This recipe used Israeli couscous, or giant couscous, and the maple tahini dressing is so light and creamy and a little sweet. The freshness of the veg contrasts the creaminess. All in all, it’s such a refreshing salad and takes minutes to make. It looks pretty beautiful as well!
Maple Tahini Couscous [Vegan]
- 4 cups cooked Israeli cous cous, aka giant cous cous
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 6 radishes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped (you can use any colour)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, add the couscous, cover with water, bring to a boil. Turn it down to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the cooked couscous in a bowl and add all the vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine and zest and lemon juice, garlic, tahini, maple syrup, olive oil and salt and pepper and give it a good mix. Add it to the couscous, mixing well.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.