These vegan macaroons are quite the treat. The cookie itself is a classic take on the traditional macaroon but the toasted pumpkin seeds, melted chocolate, and sea salt makes these cookies truly stand out. They are perfect for a sweet snack with coffee or to round out a meal in style.
Maple Coconut Caramel Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Maple Coconut Caramel Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Macaroons:
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups coconut, flaked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
For the Topping:
- 5 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- A pinch of sea salt
How to Prepare Maple Coconut Caramel Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Toast your pumpkin seeds for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the maple syrup, coconut cream, and oil. Whisk and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat – continuing to whisk it.
- Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt and then, set it aside.
- Blend 1/3 cup of the caramel, coconut flakes, and almond flour until the ingredients stick together.
- Make the mixture into tight balls and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake them until they are golden. This should take 10 minutes.
- Decorate them with your toppings before storing them in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.