These vegan macaroons are quite the treat. The cookie itself is a classic take on the traditional macaroon but the toasted pumpkin seeds, melted chocolate, and sea salt makes these cookies truly stand out. They are perfect for a sweet snack with coffee or to round out a meal in style.
Maple Coconut Caramel Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Macaroons:
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups coconut, flaked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
For the Topping:
- 5 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Toast your pumpkin seeds for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the maple syrup, coconut cream, and oil. Whisk and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat – continuing to whisk it.
- Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt and then, set it aside.
- Blend 1/3 cup of the caramel, coconut flakes, and almond flour until the ingredients stick together.
- Make the mixture into tight balls and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake them until they are golden. This should take 10 minutes.
- Decorate them with your toppings before storing them in the refrigerator.