This creative recipe will make you see salads as more than just a bed of greens. Fresh, juicy mango and sweet golden raisins are mixed with zesty lime juice and spicy diced chilis. The greens are tossed with quinoa, crisp red onion and bell pepper, then combined with the fruit and topped with pecans and pumpkin seeds for crunch and protein.
Mango, Chili, and Lime Quinoa Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup of quinoa, plus water for cooking
- Zest and juice of 1/2-1 lime, depending on size
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2-1 green chili, depending on spice preference
- 1/2 mango
- Handful of golden raisins
- 1/3 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Lamb's lettuce
- Handful of pecans and pumpkin seeds
- Cook the quinoa and leave the saucepan with the lid on to fluff up until cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking zest and juice the lime into a bowl. Slice the onion, chili and mango then add to the lime juice with the golden raisins, stir, and leave to soak.
- Once the quinoa has cooled cut up the pepper and mix into the quinoa with the olive oil and lamb's lettuce then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the soaked ingredients to the quinoa mixture, serve in a bowl and top with pecans and pumpkin seeds.