Beautiful, colorful, and absolutely magical-looking, these summer rolls are the perfect light lunch for warm weather days. These summer rolls are lined with polka beets and golden beets, so not only do they taste delicious, but they're also a feast for the eyes. Creamy, homemade almond butter sauce pairs perfectly with its crisp texture and fresh flavor.
Magical Summer Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Summer Rolls:
- 8-10 rice papers
- 1-2 avocados
- Sunflower sprouts
- 1 big carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 2 yellow beets
- 2 polka beets
- Cilantro (optional)
For the Almond Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup almond butter (raw or roasted, the roasted one will have a richer taste)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of red pepper (according to taste)
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- Make the sauce by blending all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chop all the vegetables very thin, or use a mandolin to get a nice texture of your fresh spring rolls. It's good to have thinly sliced beets or romaine leaves to put all ingredients in before wrapping it in your rice paper. Lining your rice paper wrap with the beets will result in pretty summer rolls.
- Make sure the surface of your cutting board is slightly wet so the wraps do not stick. Dip a wrap in slightly warm water. In 1-2 minutes, it should be elastic.
- Lay your wrap down on your cutting board and fill half with vegetables of choice. Fold in the ends, then roll the side with vegetables until the roll is completely sealed.