These loaded hash browns combine two of the most beloved breakfast items: hash browns and waffles. First, potatoes are shredded and combined with diced red pepper and onion, green onions, shredded cheese, and plenty of seasoning. Then the savory mixture is loaded into a waffle iron and pressed into glorious waffle form. Top these with anything you want – we suggest vegan sour cream, salsa, bacon bits, and extra green onions. Yum!
Loaded Hash Browns [Vegan]
- 2 medium potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Coconut oil spray or another cooking spray of your choice
- Vegan sour cream, for topping (optional)
- Vegan bacon bits, for topping (optional)
- Green onions, for topping
- Salsa, for topping
- Ketchup, for topping
- Combine shredded potatoes, diced red pepper, green and red onions, shredded vegan cheese (if using), and all seasonings in a medium bowl and using your fingers, toss and mix to combine.
- In a preheated and well-greased waffle iron, add a 1/2 cup potato mixture to each waffle "well" (this may vary depending on your waffle iron – adjust according to your waffle maker). Close the cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully lift each cooked hash brown waffle from the waffle well and transfer to a sheet pan. Keep warm in a 170°F oven.
- Repeat (re-greasing wells each time) until all potato mixture is used. You should have about 6 hash brown waffles.
- Serve with your toppings of choice.
- Potato Recipes