This creamy and satisfying soup is perfect on those days where it's cold outside, it's windy, maybe even snowy, and the perfect way to warm you up is a hot bowl of soup. The loaded baked potato flavor and creamy cauliflower combined makes for a real treat!
Loaded Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium or 1 large yellow onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 heaping tsp of smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- 8 cups of vegetable stock or broth
- Vegan sour cream (optional)
- Chives or fresh parsley (optional)
- Grated vegan cheese (optional)
- Into a large stock pot (I originally used a smaller one and had to migrate everything over) add your olive oil over medium heat.
- Add your onions, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add your potatoes, cauliflower and stock to the pot.
- Give that all a good stir and bring the heat up to maximum.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and cover to simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the veggies are knife tender.
- Using a blender or hand immersion blender, puree the soup. If using a blender, work in small batches.
- Blend until creamy.
- Ladle into bowls and top with optional sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper and fresh herbs of choice.