Sometimes all a recipe needs is to be smothered in vegan cheese sauce. Baked potato? Put some vegan cheese sauce on it. Roasted broccoli? Pretty much meant to be eaten with vegan cheese sauce. This life-changing vegan cheese sauce recipe is your new secret weapon in the kitchen. You won’t believe how authentically cheesy it tastes! And get this — it’s super easy!
Life-Changing Cheese Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 cups peeled, cubed potato
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Water for boiling
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 4 teaspoons mustard (Dijon or brown work well)
- 1 teaspoon lower sodium soy sauce or tamari
- Combine the potato and carrot in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a food processor or power blender.
- Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and process for about two minutes, or until totally smooth.
- Serve over veggies, potatoes, rice or pasta for a healthy meatless meal!
Very closely adapted from Oatmeal with a Fork's Cheese-Less Cheeze Sauce.