Sometimes all a recipe needs is to be smothered in cheese sauce. Baked potato? Put some cheese sauce on it. Roasted broccoli? Pretty much meant to be eaten with cheese sauce. This life-changing cheese sauce is your new secret weapon in the kitchen. You won’t believe how authentically cheesy it tastes! And get this — it’s super easy!
Life-Changing Cheese Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 cups peeled, cubed potato
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Water for boiling
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 4 teaspoons mustard (Dijon or brown work well)
- 1 teaspoon lower sodium soy sauce or tamari
- Combine the potato and carrot in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a food processor or power blender.
- Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and process for about two minutes, or until totally smooth.
- Serve over veggies, potatoes, rice or pasta for a healthy meatless meal!
Very closely adapted from Oatmeal with a Fork's Cheese-Less Cheeze Sauce.