These stuffed sweet potatoes are a mini-meal on their own! With cranberry, kale, and walnuts, they're as festive as they are filling.
Kale and Cranberry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes [Vegan]
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of tightly packed kale
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 15.5-ounce can of kidney beans
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a grapefruit
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Wash sweet potatoes, place them on a baking tray, and use a fork to pierce a few holes into potatoes. Roast them for about 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a bowl mix together soy yogurt, tahini, grapefruit juice and zest, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare your toppings. Remove kale stems then tear into small pieces. Add leaves to a bowl with lime juice and a pinch of salt and massage them together for 2-3 minutes. Rinse and drain beans, toast the walnuts and chop them into small pieces.
- Slice open sweet potatoes and stuff them with soy yogurt mixture, cranberries, kale, beans, and walnuts.