This vegan Instant Pot Black Beans Taco boat recipe is delicious, packed with flavor, and very filling. Try these authentic tacos today!
Instant Pot Black Beans Taco Boats [Vegan]
- 10 Taco Shells
- 1 cup Raw Black Beans
- 8-10 cloves Garlic
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup Sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chili seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Water/Vegetable Stock Add 1.5 cups to make it less liquid
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Shredded vegan cheese as needed
- Rinse the black beans under running water till you get clear water. Then soak them overnight or for 7-8 hours.
- Turn on the Instant Pot in saute mode. Add oil and once it's hot, add minced garlic. Fry till it turns light golden.
- Then add chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes along with salt. Continue to saute till they turn soft and pulpy.
- Now add chopped bell pepper and sweet corn. Cook it for a minute.
- Drain the black beans and add them to the pot. Mix and cook for another minute.
- It's time to add the seasonings. Add cajun seasoning, Mexican seasoning, chili seasoning, and ground cumin.
- Give it all a good mix and cook for one minute. Then add water. Turn off the saute mode. Close the lid and cook in pressure/manual/beans mode for 30 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Mexican Black Beans in Instant Pot is ready!
- Keep this aside for now. Keep it refrigerated if you don't need to prepare the taco boats immediately.
- To prepare the taco boats, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the taco shells over a lined cookie tray and heat them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also microwave them on high for 40 to 60 seconds.
- Add a generous helping of the prepared black bean mixture and fill up the boats.
- Then, add a layer of salsa on top.
- Lastly, garnish with shredded vegan cheese and add some sliced jalapenos for that extra kick. Broil for 1-2 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve these authentic tacos immediately. You can also top it with some avocado slices, guacamole, and/or olives if you like. Want more heat, drizzle some hot sauce on top.