An amazing raw hot sauce recipe that is super easy to make and will light your fire!
Raw Hot Sauce [Vegan]
- 10 – 15 Hot peppers of choice – de-stemmed (The number of peppers will vary due to the variety you choose, their size, and desired consistency. For bigger peppers, fewer; smaller peppers, more.)
- 1 cup taw apple cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- zest of 1/2 lime
- chia seed gel (optional) for thicker sauce
- Chop peppers into chunk sized pieces.
- If you want a hotter sauce, leave those seeds in. For a milder sauce, remove seeds and white skin membrane (they pack the HEAT!) This is a HOT sauce, so let’s make it CALIENTE! Since jalapenos aren’t super hot and Scott likes the heat, we added a couple of habanero peppers to the mix to spice it up!
- Measure out all the other ingredients.
- Toss all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend till you reach desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to liking or add chia gel to thicken.
- If it’s too thin, add more peppers or chia gel to thicken and give it a few buzzes. If it’s too thick, add some more vinegar.
Makes approximately 1.5 to 2 cups depending on pepper size. This sauce came out more like a salsa verde hot sauce with a nice, thick texture. If Scott had used cayenne peppers like he sometimes does, the sauce would have been more red. Color all depends on what variety of pepper you use. This raw hot sauce is HOT and TASTY! Use it on anything and everything you would like. It’s FABULOUS added to guacamole, salsa, frittatas, veggie wraps, steamed veggies, etc.