This dinner roll recipe is not only super tasty but also super easy to make. Soft, pillowy with just a hint of garlic. So what are you waiting for? You can’t get better dinner rolls than this. So are you ready to learn how you can make homemade dinner rolls? Let’s get started!
Homemade Dinner Rolls [Vegan]
For the rolls:
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Put warm water in a small bowl, sprinkle the sugar and yeast into the bowl. Leave the mixture between 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt the vegan butter. Put the flour and salt into a big bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the milk, melted butter and stir before adding the yeast mixture.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon. When the dough comes together take it out of the bowl and knead for 7-10 minutes into an elastic soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 13 to 14 equal parts and roll them into dough balls. Put them on a baking sheet covered baking paper. Cover the dough with cling film and store in a draft-free area.
- Let the dough rise in approx 1 hour or until they have doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 350℉ and bake the dinner buns for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt the vegan butter, add the dried parsley and a pinch of salt. Add finely chopped garlic if desired.
- Stir the butter mixture and baste on the dinner rolls.
- Ready to serve!
- Whole Wheat