These sweet potatoes are steamed to tender perfection, stuffed with crispy, zesty chickpeas, and drizzled with a silky garlic tahini sauce. In addition to being tasty, they're super protein and nutrient-dense. And the best part? All of the cooking is done in the oven. So just pop it in, live your life, and come back in 15 minutes for a delicious meal.
High Protein Chickpea-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Garlic Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 13-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Poke a few holes into the sweet potatoes with a fork to release steam. Place in the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the chickpeas.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, the paprika, and the cumin. Stir together and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Place the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, and a pinch of salt and of pepper in a blender or food processor and purée until creamy and smooth. Depending on the power of your blender, you may need to add more lemon juice or water.
- Split the sweet potatoes and divide the chickpeas and parsley on top. Drizzle with tahini sauce.