Bread making made easy! This recipe is super customizable- you can use whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand. The bread is gluten-free and extremely healthy thanks to the variety of grains used. Millet, oatmeal, and seeds make up the bread's base.
Herbed Seed and Nut Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7/8 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon of millet
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup nuts of choice
- 1/5 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dried herbs, to taste
- 4 tablespoons poppy seed powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Then add the water and the coconut oil and stir again until a solid mass arises. Place the bowl aside and allow to sit about 30-60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Press the mass firmly into a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place the tray in the center of the oven for 30 minutes and leave to bake. Then take the bread out of the oven and remove it from the pan. Place it on a oven-safe cooling rack and let it bake for another 30 minutes from the other side. The baking time can vary depending on the stove.
- When it's done, let it cool down completely. You can store it in the vegetable compartment of your refrigerator in a cotton cloth for up to 5 days.