If you haven’t given your barbecue a scrub yet then do so, there is nothing that compares to the taste of freshly grilled food on a sunny day. When you hear the word barbecue, most people think of savory meals but you can just as well grill your desserts! Pineapple is a delicious fruit on its own, but if you let it caramelize for a few minutes on high heat, it lifts the whole taste experience to another level. This grilled pineapple is coated in a hot and sweet sriracha marinade that combines the earthiness of thyme, the sweetness of maple syrup, and the tangy, hot flavor of sriracha sauce.
Grilled Pineapple With Sweet and Hot Sriracha Marinade [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into large batons.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl or process in a blender if you prefer a very smooth consistency.
- Cover your pineapple batons generously with the marinade and set aside until ready to grill.
- Pineapple takes only a few minutes to be done so keep an eye on them. Try to grill them from all cut sides to caramelize the natural sugars in it.