One of my biggest flaws is impatience. These pineapples should have deeper, darker, more beautiful grill marks, but I was like “OH COOL THEY HAVE SOME LINES ON THEM SO THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY DONE.” Either way, the result was delicious. If you are more patient than I am, you can probably make this even better, if that’s possible.
Grilled Pineapple and Dark Chocolate Oatmeal [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Grilled Pineapple and Dark Chocolate Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 or 2 fresh pineapple rings (I used one and a half)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened coconut)
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
How To Make Grilled Pineapple and Dark Chocolate Oatmeal [Vegan]
- Grill your pineapple. I did not add any sweeteners or flavors; I just grilled the pineapple straight. Be patient. This step will take around 10-15 minutes (unless you have grilling secrets that I don't know about).
- Add liquid (I used 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup water) to a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil. Add oats and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cut up about half of your grilled pineapple and add to oats (I added 1/2 a ring). Add vanilla extract (if using) and salt. Stir.
- When your oatmeal reaches your preferred consistency, transfer to a bowl. Top with remaining grilled pineapple (you can leave them in ring form or cut them into smaller pieces) and chopped dark chocolate. Add another splash of milk and any other additional toppings (nuts, pomegranate seeds, other fruit, coconut, etc.).
You could skip the grilling step and just enjoy fresh pineapple and dark chocolate. It would be just as fabulous! If gluten is a concern, be sure to choose certified gluten-free oats.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile