This healthy green soup is a delicious way to add more greens to your diet and is a great source of nutrients and minerals such as calcium, iron and B vitamins.
Green Monster Soup [Vegan]
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with the blade of a knife*see notes
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Vegetable stock, enough to cover the veggies, about 2 cups
- 1 cup organic silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, soften the onion, garlic and leek in a bit of water for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, the stock and the spices. You need just enough liquid to cover the veggies.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked through.
- Transfer to a blender, add tofu & nutritional yeast and pulse until well combined. Blend until it's nice and thick.
Because they're gonna cook through and get puréed in the blender, you don't need to finely chop the onion and garlic.