This remake of the classic 1960s casserole is a perfect addition to any holiday table. It has all of the delicious flavors of the original without any of the yucky ingredients!
Green Bean Casserole [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Green Bean Casserole [Vegan]
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 10-ounce bags frozen green beans
- 1 can fried onions, or make your own
How to Prepare Green Bean Casserole [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a shallow pan. Add onion and stir occasionally while the onions soften and turn translucent. This takes a good 20 minutes, don’t rush it because it gives so much flavor. Once onion is well-cooked, add flour and stir well It will be a dry mixture. Add salt and garlic powder. Add water. Let simmer for a few minutes and allow mixture to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Pour green beans into a square baking dish and add 2/3 can of onions. Add all of the gravy and stir well to combine. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, gravy mixture will be bubbly. Top with remaining fried onions and cook for 5-10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- String Bean
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.