The Great Northern Bean dip has a wonderful garlic-lemon flavor, and an ever so subtle kick from the chipotle- nothing too spicy, just great flavor. The little bit of olive oil makes the dip rich, creamy and delicious, while the turmeric adds color and more great health benefits. A healthy dip can be a fantastic way to get in protein and healthy fats to help you better digest your vegetables.
Great Northern Bean Dip [Vegan]
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cans (15 oz./425g each) Great Northern Beans (white bean)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (approximately juice from 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle pepper (or substitute with cayenne pepper)
- Add garlic cloves to a food processor. Pulse a few times until minced.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor, and blend just until dip becomes smooth.
- Scrap down the sides of the food processor and blend for a few more seconds.
- Serve (*optional – when serving add a small sprinkling of turmeric and chipotle pepper to the top of the dip for added color, and a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil)