These five-ingredient burgers are so easy to make. Paired with a tahini lime sauce, these are melt-in-your-mouth, let's-have-these-every-night kind of delicious. Make extra sauce and put it on everything. Better yet, make extra burgers, crumble them into salads, pasta ... everything! This is a versatile recipe that will become one of your staples that everyone will love.
5-Ingredient Garlic Onion Black Bean Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped and caramelized onion
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt and pepper, optional
For the Tahini Lime Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons natural runny Tahini
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Buns (gluten-free if needed)
- Anything else you'd like
- Make quinoa and let cool.
- Put oats in food processor and pulse until textured flour is formed, add to large bowl for mixing.
- Drain and rinse black beans, pulse in food processor until broken up and mashed looking, add to bowl.
- Roughly chop and measure onion, place in food processor with the garlic, and pulse until minced. Add to skillet for 5 minutes to caramelize and then add to the bowl.
- Add quinoa to bowl.
- Using spoon or hands, mix the ingredients up really well and form large burger patties.
- Using a non-stick pan or sprayed pan, heat it to medium heat and place the burgers in the skillet. let cook until golden brown and crispy (5-10 minutes) and then carefully flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with suggestions listed.
Pre-cook these burgers and store in the freezer up to 3 months, re-heat in microwave.