They may be gluten-free, vegan AND sweetened with dates, but that doesn’t make them any less good. They’re soft, rich and perfectly sweetened with fruit, including dates and apple sauce. Honestly, these may just be the fudgiest brownies you’ll ever try.
Fudgy Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter or margarine (or light-tasting oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped chocolate and/or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a bread pan with parchement paper or lightly grease with vegan butter/margarine.
- Add the dates, apple sauce, butter and vanilla to a high-speed blender or food processor. Process until smooth. (There may be a few small pieces of dates, this is fine).
- Add the cocoa powder, oat flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt. Process until combined.
- Stir in chocolate or walnuts if desired.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 10-30 minutes. The longer you let it sit, the more it keeps its shape when cut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge when completely cooled.