This fresh cherry cake is moist, delicious, and delightfully simple. The rich cake is studded with fresh cherries, a hint of vanilla, and a bit of dark chocolate with orange peel is melted into the batter to give it a and added a layer of elegant decadence. This cake is perfect to nibble on with a cup of coffee at the end of the night.
Fresh Cherry Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons peanut flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Mix the flax and boiling water together and allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredient in a bowl and combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (except for the chocolate).
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture and stir it well
- Set the oven to 355°F and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool and dust it with powdered sugar before serving it.