Caramel sauce is delicious. Caramel sauce made from wholesome, plant-based ingredients is even better! This easy recipe combines nut milk, coconut sugar, natural nut butter, and coconut oil to create a rich, sweet sauce that's perfect for dipping fruit in, drizzling over non-dairy ice cream, or just enjoying by the spoonful.
Easy 4-Ingredient Caramel Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons smooth natural nut butter (cashew, almond, or peanut butter will all work)
- 2 tablespoons unrefined virgin coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small pot and whisk very well, until smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium and continue whisking until the mixture starts bubbling. Turn the heat down to low (as low as your burner can go) and heat for 1-2 minutes until thickened, whisking constantly to avoid burning.
- Turn off the heat and add the optional salt and vanilla and whisk again. Pour into a small jar and store any unused portion in the refrigerator. Caramel will thicken in the refrigerator, gently warm it up (either on the stove or very briefly in the microwave) to return it to a liquid.