When it came to making pancakes, your go-to recipe was probably the one on the back of the box of pancake mix. Those mixes are usually made with flour that has been bleached, which you really don't need in your pancakes.
Fluffy Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unflavored soy milk
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
2. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
3. Add the contents of the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
4. Stir together until mixed. Be sure not to over mix the batter. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken.
5. Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Lightly grease the pan coconut oil or vegan butter.
6. Scoop about ¼ cup of batter onto the past for each pancake.
7. Cook the pancakes on the first side for about 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes.
8. Flipping and cook the pancakes for another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat until you have used all of the pancake batter.
9. Serve warm with maple syrup and your favorite fruit.