Using cauliflower to imitate buffalo wings is the ultimate vegan hack! The vegetable gets a stringy, meaty texture after being baked and after being battered and twice-baked, these wings are likely to fool even the most devout meat eaters. Alongside the garlic mayo dip, these wings are irresistible.
Extra Crispy Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Wings:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, garlic and onion powders, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the cauliflower pieces in the batter until every piece is properly coated.
- Coat the parchment paper in oil. Place the cauliflower pieces onto the baking sheet, making sure that the pieces do not overlap. Do not pour the cauliflower pieces from the bowl because you do not want the extra batter on the baking sheet!
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix the hot sauce and melted butter together in a medium-sized bowl.
- After 25 minutes in the oven, remove the cauliflower wings and coat them in the hot sauce mixture. Return the cauliflower pieces to the baking sheet.
- Bake the wings for another 15-25 minutes.
- While the wings are in for their second baking, mix together all the ingredients for the garlic dip. Serve the wings fresh out of the oven with the garlic dip.