As a vegan you must find creative ways to make the foods you once loved. When it comes to cooking, I get these ideas that I can’t shake. When something sounds like a good idea, I just have to try it out. This is how the eggplant jerky was born.
Eggplant Jerky [Vegan]
- 1-2 eggplants (or as many as you’d like)
- 1/2 – 1 cup nama shoyu or soy sauce. Try a low sodium version.
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- Wash, and slice the eggplant. Put the eggplant in a Ziploc bag, or a bowl large enough to marinade in.
- Add the soy sauce or nama shoyu. Put enough in there so the eggplant can soak it up. Let the eggplant marinade for 3-4 hours.
- Once marinated, place eggplant sliced on the dehydrator trays. Sprinkle with garlic and onion powder.
- Dehydrate for 24 hours on 115 degrees.
- Once fully dehydrated, place in an air tight container.