Get adventurous in the kitchen and make your own homemade bread with this simple recipe! It is gluten free, an easy recipe, and great for any of your favorite bread dishes.
Easy Gluten-Free Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 packet of yeast
- 2/3 cup flax meal
- 2 1/2 cup warm water
- Nuts and seeds for topping
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F and lightly greasing a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl add 1 1/2 cups are warm water and dissolve in the maple syrup. Then add in the yeast and let it sit on top and bloom for about 10 minutes. Make sure your water isn’t too hot or you’ll kill the yeast!
- In another small bowl add the flax mean and the rest of the water and let that sit for 10 minutes as well.
- While those are sitting in a large bowl add the brown rice flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, and salt. Stir those together until combined.
- Now that the flax has thickened add the apple cider vinegar and the olive oil and stir until that is combined
- Next add the flax mixture and the yeast to the bowl of flour and mix with a wooden spoon until there is not more flour showing and everything is just combined. This should form a pretty thick dough but still sticky.
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover in a warm spot to let it rise.
- Now using a spatula transfer the dough into your loaf pan and press it down to level out the top. Let the dough rise for about 10-15 more minutes in the pan until it reaches the top of the pan.
- Once it;s done add any seed toppings you’d like and pop it in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- When it’s done let it cool completely before serving and enjoy!