So here is my super easy, crazy tasty and no weird texture mushroom bacon recipe. I hope you leave your fear of the fungi at the door and give this recipe a whirl. This recipe is super forgiving so no stress here. I promise, you will be a convert and love mushrooms after this recipe.
The Easiest Mushroom Bacon [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 1 package of baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Add a bit of oil to your baking sheet to avoid sticking.
- Into a bowl, add your mushrooms and all of your ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread the mushrooms out in an even layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and flip each slice.
- Then bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- You may need more time if you prefer super crispy like me.
- Remove and let cool.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 201 | Carbs: 13 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 49 mg | Sugar: 0 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Do you slice the mushrooms? If so how thin?