This double chocolate chip cookie recipe is unbelievable. It is the cookie you want to buy at a bakery or coffee shop; the one that you will never quite be able to forget the taste of. You'll want it served at every celebration and gathering, but also want to have a secret stash in your pantry at all times. This double chocolate chip cookie is super chocolatey, sweet, gooey and everything a treat should be. Try it out––you will you fall in love.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup non dairy butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non dairy chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix your flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your white and whole wheat pastry flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix your 'butter' and sugar until creamy.
- Add your flax egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients and mix just until combined (Do not overmix!)
- Add your chocolate chips and walnuts and ensure everything is well blended.
- Form your dough into balls (this should make 12-13 cookies) and flatten slightly.
- Add 4 or 5 chocolate chips to the top of each cookie before baking.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.