Why are sweet potatoes are a staple in so many houses? They’re both cheap and versatile! You can turn them into savory dishes like chowder, burgers and hash. They offer a great texture for rich and fudge-y brownies. And when you’re looking for something sweeter than regular old sweet potatoes fries, you can make these loaded dessert fries!
Dessert Sweet Potato Fries [Vegan]
- 4 sweet potatoes washed
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter creamy
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free dark chocolate melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 450'F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into fries with knife or mandoline. Arrange on 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Avoiding overcrowding as this will prevent them from crisping.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir, and bake for additional 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from oven.
- Drizzle peanut butter over fries. If peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, microwave for 10 seconds at a time until runny.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. (Chocolate can be melted in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second at a time in the microwave, or in a double boiler on the stove top.) If chocolate is too thick to drizzle add 1 tablespoon of non-dairy milk at a time until it reaches a runny consistency.
- Sprinkle coconut over fries and enjoy!