A sweet potato crust is made from millet and chickpea flours pressed into a cake pan to make it deep dish. lt's topped with a rich, homemade tomato sauce and filled with fluffy tofu ricotta and kale filling, roasted Mediterranean vegetables or any vegetables of your choice. The final touch is a drizzle of cheesy tahini sauce. You'll never get bored of pizza with a dish like this.
Deep Dish Quiche Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Deep Dish Quiche Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Sweet Potato Crust:
- 1 large sweet potato, baked or boiled with skin on
- 1/2 cup mix of millet and chickpea flour, or any flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
To Make the Tomato Pizza Sauce:
- 4 tomatoes, chopped or 1/2 cup tomato paste or 1/2 cup tomato pizza sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- Oregano and other herbs, as desired
To Make the Tofu Ricotta and Kale Quiche Filling:
- 5.3 ounces firm tofu
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt, pepper, and herbs as desired
- Vegetables, as desired
To Make the Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Prepare Deep Dish Quiche Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Line a round cake pan or pie dish with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse all crust ingredients until smooth and combined.
- Spread crust on bottom and lower sides of cake pan/pie dish. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
To Make the Tomato Sauce:
- If you are making your own sauce, place all ingredients in a saucepan with a dash of water. Bring the saucepan to boil then simmer until tomatoes have reduced to a sauce-like consistency. Set aside.
To Make the Tofu Ricotta:
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients until smooth and it forms a paste-like consistency. If it is not smooth enough, add more milk
- Prepare vegetables.
- Remove crust from oven. Spread tomato pizza sauce on base, then ricotta filling, then vegetables.
- Bake pizza in the oven for 45 minutes or until the crust starts to come away from the sides of the pan/pan.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce by mixing all ingredients until smooth. Add more water for a thinner sauce. Set aside.
- Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with cheese sauce.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 995 | Total Carbs: 107 g | Total Fat: 39 g | Total Protein: 67 g | Total Sodium: 989 g | Total Sugar: 28 g (Per Serving) Calories: 124 | Carbs: 13 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 124 g | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.