Nothing beats a good banana bread — and this chocolate marbled banana bread is not only pretty to look at, it's also gluten-free and so easy to make! Ripe bananas are combined with buckwheat flour, rice flour, and millet (or chickpea) flour for a sweet bread that's perfect for breakfast.
Dark Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7.75 ounces ripe banana
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 1/2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/3 cup millet flour or 1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder
- 1.7 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 355°F. Purée the bananas.
- Purée the bananas and add to a bowl. Add coconut sugar, followed by milk. Then, stir in the flour and baking soda. Mix well, then divide the dough in half.
- Melt the chocolate with a bain-marie. Stir the raw cocoa powder into one-half of the dough. In the other, add vanilla.
- Grease a loaf pan, then alternate adding layers of the dough. Smooth the top and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Smooth top and bake for 35 to 40 min depending on your oven.
- Let cool completely and let stand a few hours before tasting.