This dessert will have you beaming! Not only is it easy to make and simply delicious, this recipe is also full of that classic raspberry and chocolate flavor. Depending on how fancy you get with the toppings and style, this dessert is perfect to enjoy at home or with friends at a dinner party!
Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse With Raspberry Coulis and Coconut [Vegan, Dairy-Free]
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated stevia
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (or rice milk, for a nut-free option)
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia
- Coconut whip topping, raspberries, blueberries, all-natural coconut whipped cream, star fruit slices, slivered almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, dusting of ground cinnamon and/ or unsweetened cocoa powder—or any combination of these that your heart desires!
For the Couli:
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberries, stevia, and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and push the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature.
For the Mousse:
- Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop the avocado flesh out of the skin using a spoon and drop it into a food processor. Pulse the avocado until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond milk, stevia, and 1/2 cup water and pulse again until completely blended and smooth.
- Evenly distribute the mousse among four martini glasses, champagne flutes, ramekins, or mason jars and divide the raspberry coulis among them. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Before serving, top as desired and eat it up with a spoon!