This recipe is quick and delicious. After you make it, serve it nice and warm and top with some cashew cream and chopped parsley. The creaminess and richness of this curried corn soup will make it a fall favorite!
Curried Corn Soup [Vegan, Raw]
For the Curried corn soup:
- 4 1/2 cups frozen or raw corn
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Cashew Cream (optional):
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of salt
- Soak the cashews for 24 hours. Rinse well and drain.
- Add all the ingredients for the soup into the blender and blend until smooth.
- If you are using a high speed blender, keep blending on the highest setting for about 34 minutes until the temperature reaches 115°F. If you are using a regular cooking thermometer, be sure to turn off the blender each time to measure the temperature.
- If you are not using a high speed blender, transfer the soup into a sauce pan or pot. Heat it over the lowest flame until the temperature reaches about 110°F (the temperature will keep rising even after you remove from heat) , while stirring constantly. Remove the pot from flame once it reaches 110°F.
- Plate the soup and top it with some cashew cream (optional) and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.