Ayurveda has inspired me to create some cooked vegetable recipes at home. Starting with this curried carrot dish. Carrots are a food I almost always eat raw and have in my fridge every week, so it seemed like a good place to start. Plus with this dish you get the added health benefits of spices, nuts and herbs.
Curried Carrots With Pistachios [Vegan]
3 - 4
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into circles
- ½ onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- 2 rounded Tbsp. pistachios, roasted and shelled
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil.
- To the pan add carrots and diced onions. Stir to coat in oil.
- Add salt and curry powder. Stir to combine.
- Sauté carrots and onions over medium heat for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent, and carrots have softened but still have some crisp to them.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pistachios and chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm.