This wrap is so good, you have to try it! It’s the best, most filling lunch you could ever have. The tofu is seasoned with curry powder and salt and pan-fried until brown and crispy. It's all packed in a fluffy homemade tortilla with salad, cucumber sticks and a creamy avocado mayo. Yum!
Crispy Curry Tofu Wrap With Homemade Tortillas and Avocado Mayo [Vegan]
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- about 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-inch piece of a cucumber
- 2 cups mixed greens salad (I used a mix of spinach, lollo rosso, lollo verde, arugula and lamb's lettuce)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Ground pepper
- In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients first and give it a mix, pour in the oil and add the water little by little and knead (by hand or use a stand mixer) the dough until smooth. Add more water if necessary – it should be a smooth, non-sticky dough.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- Punch the dough down, and cut it in two equal pieces.
- Form the pieces into balls and roll them out on a floured surface.
- Put one tortilla in a very hot (!) pan (a flat pan like a crepe-pan works best) and let it in there for a few seconds to a minute and then turn when the tortilla is getting bubbly on the surface. Repeat for the other tortilla.
- Keep the tortillas covered in a clean kitchen towel until using them to prevent them from getting hard.
- Cut the tofu in slices and then in triangles. Heat the canola oil in a large pan, add in the curry powder and salt and tilt until mixed well. Add in the tofu and let it pan-fry for about five minutes on high-heat on each side until crispy brown.
- Wash the salad and cucumber and cut the cucumber in strips.
- Peel and pit the avocado and put the avocado flesh in a food processor. Add the salt, lime juice, and ground pepper. Let it chop until completely fine. Taste and add more salt & lime juice to taste. Mix in the chopped cilantro.
- Once everything is ready, you can assemble your wrap. Spread the avocado mayo on the wrap, add the salad, crispy tofu triangles and cucumber strips. Roll in and enjoy!