Buffalo cauliflower is the beloved vegan take on classic Buffalo wings. However, getting that perfect crunchy crispy texture can be a bit of a challenge. This recipe yields the perfect texture of batter and the saucy Buffalo flavor.
Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan blue cheese dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
How to Prepare Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core. Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Create a separate bowl with the panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt buffalo sauce with butter on the stove or in the microwave. Remove from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower but don't soak. Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- Top with vegan blue cheese dressing and green onion. Serve with carrots and celery.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2208 | Total Carbs: 200 g | Total Fat: 141 g | Total Protein: 46 g | Total Sodium: 4216 g | Total Sugar: 24 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.