Buffalo cauliflower is the beloved vegan take on classic Buffalo wings. However, getting that perfect crunchy crispy texture can be a bit of a challenge. This recipe yields the perfect texture of batter and the saucy Buffalo flavor.
Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan blue cheese dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core. Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Create a separate bowl with the panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt buffalo sauce with butter on the stove or in the microwave. Remove from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower but don't soak. Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- Top with vegan blue cheese dressing and green onion. Serve with carrots and celery.