This recipe for air fryer tofu might be one of the best things to make in an air fryer. Doesn't everyone love fried food––even just a little bit? If you use an air fryer, you get the delicious taste of deep-fried things without as much oil! This simple recipe for crispy air fryer tofu is a perfect introduction into the world of using an air fryer. It's marinated in a cheesy, umami sauce, then sprinkled with brown rice flour and air fried until perfectly crispy. Serve this air fryer tofu with whatever veggies and grains you like best. You'll have this recipe committed to memory before you know it!
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 8-ounce package of firm tofu, rinsed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl. Add the wet and stir together. Pour this over the cubed tofu and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle on another tablespoon of brown rice flour and mix it up just before putting it in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 350°F for 18 minutes.
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
- Rice Flour
Does not have all the oil from frying!! Gosh, no way to edit the comments after you hit the submit button!! help!
Made this last night – it was fast and pretty tasty. I like the crisp outside and the soft inside. I used a granulated Roasted Garlic – I did not care for the strong flavor of that kind of garlic, next time plain garlic, I did not think that would be a huge difference, it was a little too strong for me. But we put a sauce on it and it was tasty – I will try it again – love that it do not have all the oil from frying!!