This delicious vegan cheese is spreadable, incredible, and will be almost impossible for you to stop eating. The soft, creamy cashew cheese is perfumed with a simple pesto made with fresh basil and a bit of garlic. This is the perfect cheese to put out at a party or you can use it as a topping to make any pasta dish extra special.
Creamy Spreadable Pesto Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Spreadable Pesto Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soaked in water at least 4 hours and drained)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon agar agar powder
How to Prepare Creamy Spreadable Pesto Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Put all the ingredients, except the water and agar agar, in a food processor and blend them until they're smooth.
- Add the water and the agar agar powder in a saucepan over medium heat and mix them well.
- Add the pesto mix and bring the whole thing to a boil. It should get a pancake batter consistency.
- Transfer this to a ramekin and let it cool on the counter.
- Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.